Parker Thermal Mass Cycling Refrigerated Air Dryers address the importance of compressed air as a provider of energy for modern industrial processes. What is often overlooked however is the need to provide quality treatment for this air.
In fact, the air entering the system contains condensate which, when cooled, will turn into liquid water, causing extensive damage not only to the compressed air network, but also to the finished product. These costly contamination problems can be avoided by installing a refrigerated air dryer package complete with Parker filtration.
The combination of the Thermal Mass Cycling Refrigerated Air Dryers and high quality filtration provides air quality to ISO 8573.1:2010 Class 1.4/5.1.
A refrigerated dryer is typically selected to achieve its design performance at the user’s most extreme working conditions. (ie. a warm summer day with the air compressor operating at maximum load).
This maximum condition, however, is rarely achieved in everyday conditions. First, the air compressor load will vary significantly during a working day and will rarely be at full load, thereby significantly reducing the load on the dryer itself.
Furthermore, average temperatures are well below the maximum inlet and ambient temperature for which the system has been sized. Reduced temperatures at colder moments during the day and overall temperature reductions during the mid- season and winter add a further reduction to the load on the dryer.
Thermal Mass Cycling Refrigerated Air Dryers provide:
- Energy saving design
- Optimum dewpoint levels for highest system performance
- Lowest operating costs
- Continuously and automatically adjusts to actual working parameters
- High reliability, easy to use and maintain
- ColdPack 4-in-1 heat exchanger
- Integral zero air loss energy saving drain (PTM400 to PTM1000)
- Unique Thermal Mass ColdStorage reduces power consumption and improves temperature control
- Digital display of both dewpoint and thermal mass temperatures
- Diagnostic codes for troubleshooting
- Dryers manufactured in facility certified to ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Provides air quality to ISO 8573.1 Class 1.4/5.1.
- CAGI performance verification
- Low pressure drop design (1.9 average)
- Microprocessor based energy management controller
- Rugged sheet metal enclosure with polyester-based powder coat finish withstands harsh environmentDrain
- Overflow/blockage alarm – automatically goes to time mode
- Solenoid valve located in easily accessible alcove – no cabinet to remove